Outer Banks Workshops and Photo Tours
The Outer Banks of North Carolina offers spectacular and diverse photographic opportunities and has been my home for over a decade. Nobody has more intimate photographic knowledge of this beautiful coastal landscape. Most of my workshops and photo tours take place here among the gorgeous coastal scenery and abundant wildlife.
Destination Workshops and Photo Tours
Each year, I offer workshops and photo tours to various parts of the country. These are selected based upon my knowledge of the area and the photographic opportunities available in a particular area. In addition to photographing the iconic, I take great pride in taking you to many hidden gems and lesser known photographic locations.
Private Instruction and Customized Workshops
I am always happy to provide instructional sessions or workshops that fit your schedule and are specifically tailored to your learning goals or photographic subject preferences. Whether you want to learn specific skills or simply have me take you (or your group) to my favorite photographic locations, you will have an unforgettable photographic experience
Why take a workshop with Mark Buckler?
- SMALL GROUPS - My workshops usually have a maximum of 4-6 participants. This provides you with with a more intimate workshop experience and allows me to give everybody extra attention. It also means that you don't have large groups of people trying to photograph the same subject or disturbing wildlife. Logistically, it makes for a much more pleasant workshop experience to have a small group
- TRANSPORTATION INCLUDED - I provide local transportation for most of my workshops. This allows us to travel in the same vehicle and continue the learning experience while we are moving from location to location. It also allows you to sit back and enjoy the experience and not worry about directions, traffic, etc.
- KNOWLEDGE - In addition to my photographic knowledge, I have decades of experience as a naturalist and wildlife biologist...providing me with an intense understanding of natural systems and wildlife behavior. Not only does this allow me to get you into the best possible photographic locations, but I will share this knowledge with you. It is a truly immersive experience.
- TEACHING ABILITY - I have 15 years experience as a high school teacher and 8 years experience as an environmental educator. I have applied my teaching skills, for the last 8 years, to leading engaging photographic learning experiences.
- PASSION - I fell in love with photography as a child and have spent a great deal of time and energy crafting images that showcase the beauty of the natural world. But my true passion is sharing my knowledge and skills with others so that they can better enjoy photography and improve their skills
- FUN, FUN, FUN
Deposits, Payments and Cancellation Policy
DEPOSITS & PAYMENTS:
To register for most workshops you have the option of initailly paying only a deposit. If you choose this option, you will be invoiced for the remaining balance 60 days before the start of the workshop. Please contact me if you would like to set up an installment plan.
A deposit is a commitment, on your part, that you will be participating on a workshop. These deposits are generally used well in advance of the workshop to cover various expenses. Because of this deposits are non-refundable or may be subject to a partial cancellation fee.
MORE THAN 90 DAYS BEFORE START OF WORKSHOP: $500 cancellation fee. If your spot is filled, this fee will be waived minus a $150 administrative fee.
60-90 DAYS BEFORE THE START OF THE WORKSHOP: $500 cancellation fee. If your spot is filled, this fee will be waived minus a $250 administrative fee.
LESS THAN 60 DAYS BEFORE THE START OF THE WORKSHOP: No refunds will be given for any payments received and your deposit will be foreited.
CANCELLED WORKSHOPS: If I am forced to cancel a workshop for any reason, your entire tuition will be refunded or transferred to another workshop. The only time that I will ever cancel a workshop is if conditions are absolutely guaranteed to bring un-shootable and/or miserable conditions that would be dangerous or there is some type of family emergency. A forecast of "bad" weather is not enough to cancel a workshop. Inclement weather often creates the most spectacular photographic conditions.
TRAVEL INSURANCE: We are not responsible for refunding any costs associated with travel, lodging or incidental losses in the event a workshop is cancelled or you back out for any reason. Therefore, it is strongly recommended that you acquire travel insurance
UNDER-ENROLLMENT: My workshops always require a minimum number of participants. In the event that I don't meet the minimum I will likely still make the workshop happen. However, I do reserve the right to cancel the workshop. In this case, your payments will be transferred to another workshop or a full refund will be given.